Sunday, March 28, 2010

What counts?

One of the very things I love about this island is... The people!

Yes... there are assholes and morons everywhere in the world, and Puerto Rico is no exception, BUT I will say most puertorricans (based on my experience) are very "educados" and I dare to say that 7 out of 10 will:

- Say "buen provecho"
- Say "buenas tardes/dias/noches"
- Say "gracias"
- Hold the door open for you or simply open the door just for you (To that guy at the post office who RAN to open my door cause I was caring a box... THANK YOU)
- Smile when you send a smile their way
- Offer their help without being asked

I mean, I don't think I have ever been in a town, city or country where I received such treatment, all in just one month.

And some still ask me "Why did you move back"???

Its the lil things what counts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment