Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Recalculating

Sometimes life throws these curve balls… and I’m no baseball player!

So I’m here finally! Puerto Rico. My country. The same one I missed for years. Wondering. Wishing. Hoping. Now what?

I relocated with a game plan. Do the same type of work I did in the past. Save some money. Then… launch my company. Surprise, surprise!!! That shit ain’t gonna fly. I have been interviewing a whole lot. Landed 2 jobs and both of them I decided to not keep. Why? Because I didn’t like them. I spent four years of my life hating my job, which made me miserable and therefore made me hate my life. I understand that work is work, and also, that money is money. BUT, I had money, more than most of the people I know ever had or could dream of. I wasn’t rich, but I was comfortable financially. Personally, I’d be fine with not liking my job. I mean, who the hell actually likes HAVING to work to pay rent and bills and whatnot? But hating the place where you have to be 8 full hours… 5 times per week!?! NO THANKS!

So here I am at 32 years old, trying to figure out what to do with my “professional” life. Which part of the island to station at? What type of job market should I target? If there’s something I have plenty of, is time.


For now, I’ll just dip in the pool, browse the classifieds, tend my FarmVille and Café World, have mommy and daughter time, spoil Butters and visit friends. Until the day comes, when I have to join the all growed up club once again.

Until then…

2 comments:

  1. It's like you plucked the words right out of my mouth. LOL!

    I'm so on that path right now. Where to go? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno, but i have a car w a full tank of gas! wonder how far that will take me? :-P

    ReplyDelete