Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Hunger Games

A fellow Twilight Fan recommended this book to me while we were in line waiting to see Kellan and Nikki at the Times Square Toys-R-Us New Moon signing.

Synopsis: Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Katniss' sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place. - Excerpt from BarnesAndNoble.com


My2Cents: TRULY EXCELLENT READ!!! Collins' amazing writing and survival story simply made it hard to put this book down. Fantastically written and rightly paced. It left me wanting more, more, more! While reading this book, I cried, I smiled, I frowned... I went through a whole lot of emotions. I could totally connect to Katniss and even got mad at the Capitol (keep in mind that I'm a 32 y/o woman, lol.) With a powerful female protagonist, the plot makes this story very entertaining, disturbing and incredibly compelling.

All in all, The Hunger Games is an AMAZING Sci-fi/dystopian story, and if you're into this type of stuff, you should definitely buy it.

Would also make an excellent movie (with the right screenplay writer and right actors of course).

MyVerdict: Must have page turner - Excellent read. Buy it. Keep it. Re-read it!

UpNext: Catching Fire


Buy Books Here

No comments:

Post a Comment