Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthmarked


Synopsis: In the Enclave, your scars set you apart, and the newly born will change the future. Sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone and her mother faithfully deliver their quota of three infants every month. But when Gaia’s mother is brutally taken away by the very people she serves, Gaia must question whether the Enclave deserves such loyalty. A stunning adventure brought to life by a memorable heroine, this dystopian debut will have readers racing all the way to the dramatic finish. - Excerpt from BarnesAndNoble.com




IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, STOP READING!
**SPOILER ALERT**


My2Cents:
iLove dystopian novels. There's just something about life after the end of the world as we know it that pulls me in. So I bought this book.

I wasn't too crazy about the narration since I prefer 1st person narration, but this book was an entertaining read. Loved the fact that the main character is a female. I'm all about strong women in any story. It was really amazing to see how naive Gaia was to life and how she grew and dared to go against what she knew to find out the truth and save her own. I would have liked to see more depth in some characters but I suppose they will develop more in the next book (if there's a sequel). Also, it was a bit predictable at times.

Even though Birthmarked is not the best book I've ever read, I am certainly intrigued enough to want to know how this story ends.
I want to know if Gaia made it to the Dead Forest, and what the hell happened to Leon, so I'm hoping O'Brien is thinking of making a "Book2".

BookComparison: The Giver by Lois Lowry

MyVerdict: Page turner - Good read


Buy Books Here

No comments:

Post a Comment