Monday, September 20, 2010

Enter the world of the CRACKberry

Back when T-Mobile was a fairly new carrier in the states (2002), I bought my first cell phone EVER. I remember getting a Motorola. I had no reception at my apartment so I went back to the store to change the phone. They gave me a cute lil Nokia. I had one signal bar inside my apartment. Didn't think much of it since I had a home phone and didn't use it much since the job I held at the time gave me a cell phone. Needless to say, reception problems at the moment weren't a biggie. And then I quit my job, which made the no-reception issue, AN ISSUE. So I canceled my contract with them after a year. Paid their cancellation fee happily and went to bed with Sprint. I LOVED sprint. I had service everywhere I went. Anywhere in the States I visited. Puerto Rico. Canada. It worked like a charm and I was totally in-love with my phone carrier.

Flash forward 8 years and here I am. Sprint's greatness stopped working in Puerto Rico. A couple friends swore by T-Mobile. I figured it had been 8 years since my really bad experience with them, so I decided to give them a second chance. Well, I don't fucking believe in second chances so I have no fucking clue as to why I decided to give T-Mobile the benefit of the doubt. I should have backed out of the transaction when they told me I only had FOURTEEN days to cancel the contract and be free of the cancellation fee. The thought crossed my mind that it was too lil time to find out if the phone/service worked. Didn't listen to my gut and now I'm paying for it.

Needless to say, after plenty consideration (and nasty cell phone related headaches), I have decided to cancel my T-mobile contract. My experience with their service is just not up to par with the amount of money they require me to pay them every month. The fact that I simply want to make an uninterrupted phone call every now and again is not an outrageous request. T-mobile will officially be $200 richer. T-MOBILE SUCKS!

Enter Boost Mobile powered by, yes, the SPRINT network. I know, I know... Why go back to "Sprint" you ask? Well, since I'm moving back to the States (and I KNOW Sprint works over there), I figured I'll take my chances with Boost Mobile here. Their EVERYTHING BLACKBERRY Plan is just amazingly cheap. Add to that that my experience in Puerto Rico with Sprint wasn't as bad as my experience with T-Mobile. So now I'm the owner of a BlackBerry Curve 8330. And yes, I know it's not the latest model, but it does come upgraded since it was just released this year for Boost Mobile with CDMA technology. IDEN no more (tho Boost's "chirping" commercials were funny). I've never been too techie regarding cell phones so this will take me a while to break in. Good thing I found this link where I got to download the 2004 edition of BlackBerry for Dummies. I'll be busy reading that for the next few days. I've heard that BlackBerry use is addictive. I guess I'll find out.

Hoping for the best here.
More crack HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment